Monday, July 25, 2011

Let me be

I am standing before you today
Hoping you will listen to what I say

But it won't take long, it'll come out wrong, need a hit on my mental bong

My words here will bear witness, exercise them regularly for mental fitness

But my leg starts to shake, a little vocal earthquake, I know it's coming for christ's sake

Happens every time, even to a rhyme, you folks will think I've lost my mind

Asperger's syndrome is what it's called, builds a prison with infinite walls

But I didn't erect this social cage, I was never given the book, not even a page

I smoke the world through a different pipe, I question authority and don't believe the hype

Some think I'm defective, but I'm a social detective, thinking my way while being objective

You feel your way like the blind, While my thoughts approach from behind

Can you hear my voice crack, can you hear it waver? You're drinking the Kool-aid, but do you know the flavor?

You've always known I was different from you, to repel or embrace, just what could you do?

Your heart may know it's wrong to judge, but surely God could forgive this little smudge?

It seems okay to flow with the crowd, picking on the different, it's always allowed.

But those little freaks grow up to be me, their heart in pain, their souls not free

They don't let us know there's another way to flow, just the linear line of being
To conform and grow in the Creator's glow is all that they are seeing

My ways are valid, my thoughts are supreme, in my personal realm of thought,
Maybe you too, will split the beam, and cash out on all you have bought.

Born this way, is what they say, and I am inclined to agree
All I want, in this strange alien world, is just to be let be.

2 comments:

  1. this explains a lot, from the past, and how to understand for the future, I believe its a gift, you look at the world through eyes that we could only wish to have, embrace it develope it used it.

    ReplyDelete