Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Fallout (a poem told from the perspective of the main character in Fallout 3)

As I fall to the floor, death closing in
I remember my actions, of good and of sin

The G.O.A.T. never knew it would end like this
Entering the wasteland to leave childhood bliss

Who knew pure water, safety and friends
Would be so important for the soul to cleanse?

Following in father's steps, out the great Vault door
Leaving everything behind, a child no more

In search of paternal understanding,
I found that life can be quite demanding

Nothing is free, and everyone has their price
In the DC Ruins, it doesn't pay to be nice

The man in the suit wanted to set off the bomb
A bullet in his head and the man was "dead calm"

Maybe he could have been persuaded
I finally see, that I was jaded

So much blood has been spilled at my hands
All because those killed would have spoiled my plans

Do the ends justify the means?
Is everything truly as it seems?

After saving father from Tranquility Lane
The deeds to do so almost drove me insane

Dad and son, now working together
Like minds, birds of a feather

Til the Enclave arrived and threatened the free
Father gave his life so that we could flee

Nothing left but the mission and a head full of pain
I emptied my agony in a hail of nuclear rain

With no help from the Brotherhood of Steel
I took all the Plasma weapons a brother could steal

Friends can be found in the unlikeliest of places
Vault 87 showed Super Mutants have many faces

Faukes was released and to show his grat,
He obtained the G.E.C.K. and tipped his hat

But the drama never ends, and soon I was in hell
Kidnapped by power-armored fascists and locked in a cell

A bee in a hornet's nest, with a little help from above
This Enclave president was no peaceful dove

To remake the world in their own image is what they sought
And it was against this ideology that we all fought

Raven Rock in flames, I had to be beat the clock
But lo as I exited the ruins, my good friend Faukes!

I can still see him laughing and shooting with delight
As he brought the soldiers and vertibirds down from flight

Missing my father, I took Faukes along
Great company, except when he sings a song

Scavengers and merchants were met by the way-side
I gained fame as co-author of the Wasteland Survival Guide

Three Dog sung my praises but my heart continued to be heavy
Murderous deeds and other things were barely held back by the levee

After following Liberty Prime in the hopes of a brighter tomorrow
I found myself here, with only choices that bring sorrow

Allow Sarah to enter the irradiated chamber and save us all
Or pay for my sins and finally take the fall
And so I fall....
And so I fall....

No comments:

Post a Comment